How do I qualify?

.In order to qualify for Insure Oklahoma’s Individual Plan you must:

  • Meet program income guidelines.
  • Proof of income is required and includes taxes, pay-stubs and W-2s.
  • Self employed persons must provide complete federal personal and business taxes. Read more about who is considered self-employed.
  • Be an Oklahoma resident.
  • Be between the ages of 19 and 64.
  • Be a United States Citizen or provide a Permanent Resident Card that shows you have been in the United States for more than five (5) years.
  • Not be enrolled in any state program (Medicaid, SoonerCare, Family planning, BCC) or Medicare.
  • Not be currently covered by a private health insurance policy or plan.
  • Be able to provide Social Security numbers for all household members.
  • Report all annual household income received (earned and unearned). Refer to the income fact sheet

If you do not meet Insure Oklahoma eligibility, see the "Other Community Resources" section on the Tools and Resources page.


You must also meet one of the following criteria:

  • Be employed by an employer who employs less than 250 employees and does not offer Insure Oklahoma Employer Sponsored Insurance (ESI); or
  • Be unemployed and eligible to collect unemployment benefits as determined by Oklahoma Employment Securities Commission (OESC); or
  • Be a disabled adult with a Federal Ticket to Work certificate.
  • Spouses may be approved for benefits if (s)he:
    • Is not employed,
    • works full-time for an employer that would qualify but is not participating,
    • part-time (less than 29 hours per week), employed by any size employer.

Proceed to Application Process